President/CEO, AnimalScan, LLC
SMRT Past President, 2017-2018
Title of Presentation: New Advances in Veterinary MRI 2022
Jim currently is President and CEO of AnimalScan, LLC & Vice President of Warren Radiology MRI, LLC. He is the Past President of the International Society of Magnetic Resonance Technologists and is also the current Treasurer of the ISMRT Policy Board. He was also a member from 2017- 2018 of the ISMRM Board of Trustees. He graduated from College Misericordia in 1990 and was the first student to be awarded the MRI Internship.
Jim currently lectures at International, Regional, and Local chapter meetings for the SMRT, ACR, JCAHO, ACVR, ACVIM and other prestigious organizations on all current topics dealing with Human & Veterinary MRI.
New Advances in Veterinary MRI 2022
At the completion of this lecture the audience will be able to:
- Understand how to limit access control to the MRI Suite for Veterinary personell.
- Be able to determine the safest way to image animals that ingest metallic objects.
- Determine how SAR is calculated and how it can affect temperature of veterinary patients.
- Set up protocols and procedures necessary to reduce SAR levels.
- Understand the benefits of proper screening for the use of Veterinary Anesthesia.
- Understand the dangers of Anesthesia and how to prevent death from exposure.
- Understand proper positioning for small & large animal MRI Exams.