Pennsylvania Society of Radiologic Technologist History
• Pennsylvania applied for affiliate status on April 5, 1941 and was chartered on November 12, 1941.
• Pittsburgh Society of Radiologic Technicians applied for affiliation on Feb 12
• 1934 Radiographers’ Society of Philadelphia and Vicinity applied for affiliation May of 1934
• 1996 PSRT became inactive
Original name of the society – PA society of X-ray Technicians
Renamed PA Society of X-rays Technologists
Present name and title 2006-present
Pennsylvania Society of Radiologic Technologists
1989 received tax exemption number from Harrisburg Feb 3, 1989.
The board at that time was
Larry Maxwell President Elect
Timothy Travitz President
Funds were placed in escrow during period of inactivity.
The state of Pennsylvania had 8 districts at the inception of PSRT along with 1 affiliate that was Philadelphia.
The district system was abolished 2008-09.
Last district was District I
District I dissolved November 18, 2009
Inactivity time period 1996-2006 (but representation to the national conference @ ASRT was present by Karen Williamson and Larry “Max” Maxwell and David Nixon.
Sharron Miller wanted to “resurrect” the inactive society.
Contacted ASRT for guidance.
Sharron became acting first president of the resurrected society.
Re-Activating the PSRT
• If the PSRT wasn’t re-activated it would lose it charter.
• June 20, 2006 – ASRT gave a grant of 2500.00 to start the PSRT up again
• Seeing the need for a professional society 3 technologists: Sharon Miller, Sue Wertz, Marie Mulvihill worked together to establish new bylaws, membership and an annual meeting.
Several board members started attending RTs’ in DC and have been working toward state licensure.
o RT in DC
o Sharon Miller went to RT’s in DC 2007/08.
o Karen and Max and Connie went to RT’s in DC in 2008/09.
o Sue Wertz, Sharon Miller, and Marty P. went to RT’s in DC in 2010/11 (included MARCA).
• First year of the newly activated PSRT
-187 technologists’ members joined
– 92 student technologist joined
First PSRT state meeting held April 4, 2007
Inactive PSRT balance – 4961.05
-IRS Back taxes – 2835.90
-Starting balance of – 4625.15
First use of PayPal February 2010
State meeting locations:
April 4, 2007 Ramada Inn
April 17, 2008 Harrisburg East Holiday Inn
April 8, 2009 Holiday Inn Meadow Lands
April 16, 2010 Radisson Hotel Scranton
April 2011 Tofftress State College
April 14, 2012 Seven Springs Mountain Resort
April 24, 2013 Holiday Inn Allentown
March 20-21, 2015 Sheraton Airport Hotel in Coraopolis Wilkes-Barre March 18-19th
March 18-19, 2016 The Woodlands Inn Wilkesbarre
March 18-19, 2017 Ramada State College Hotel and Conference Center
March 23-24, 2018 Crown Plaza Greentree Pittsburgh
March 23-24, 2019 Radisson Hotel Scranton
November 2010 Mount Aloysius College
November 2011 Misericordia University
November 2012 Penn State
November 2013 Reading School of Radiologic Science
November 2014 Penn State
November 14, 2015 Mount Aloysius College
November 12, 2016 UPMC Shadyside
November 2017 The Lancaster Campus of HACC
November 2018 UPMC Altoona