The PSRT introduces: “Medical Imaging Professional of the Year”!
The PSRT is seeking nominations from RT’s throughout the state to recognize an individual who epitomizes the best in our profession! It is open to all RT’s, PSRT members and non-members alike.
The PSRT wants to bring awareness of who we are, and to recognize one of our own.
The Medical Imaging Professional of the Year Award, established in 2016, is presented by the PSRT to express appreciation and recognition to an exemplary medical imaging professional in the state of Pennsylvania. This award is to be presented annually to an individual who meets qualifications and demonstrates excellence via their outstanding professionalism, contributions, and service to the radiology field through their place of employment, the community, and/or at the state or national level. This award should be regarded as one of the highest honors bestowed by the PSRT upon a medical imaging professional as an outstanding model of our profession.
(The nominee is defined as the person intended to be considered for the award.
- The nominee must be currently registered and in good standing with an approved credentialing body of either the ARRT, ARDMS, or NMTCB.
- The nominee must have worked as a medical imaging professional in the state of Pennsylvania for at least 1 year.
- The nominee does not need to be a current member of the Pennsylvania Society of Radiologic Technologists.
- The nominee cannot be a recipient of the award in consecutive years.
III. NOMINATING REQUIREMENTS
(The nominator is defined as the person making the nomination.)
- The nominator must be currently registered and in good standing with an approved credentialing body of either the ARRT, ARDMS, or NMTCB or be a medical physician.
- The nominator does not need to be a current member of the Pennsylvania Society of Radiologic Technologists.
- The following items must be submitted for the nomination to be considered:
(1) A reference letter from the person making the nomination which should indicate why the nominee should receive the award and how the nominee fulfills the purpose of the award as described above.
(2) A completed nomination form
(3) One or more of the following additional items:
- Description of contributions to the profession or service to the radiology field
- Description of active involvement in a radiologic professional society (PSRT, ASRT, SDMS, etc…)
- Reference letter from employer of nominee
All requirements including the reference letter from the nominator, the nomination form, and one or more from the additional items listed previously must be submitted by the deadline for consideration. All requirements must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “MIP of the Year Award Nomination ‘last name of nominee’ ” and must be emailed together in the same email.
- Exception: Reference letter from employer of nominee (reference letter from employer can be emailed for submission by the employer to email@example.com with the subject line “Employer Reference for Award ‘last name of nominee’ ”) It must be submitted by the deadline.
- If the nominee was previously selected as the PSRT Medical Imaging Professional of the Year, the nominator must also include additional information to explain how the nominee has increased their eligibility and expanded their contributions further to serve the purpose of the award since being selected as a prior recipient.
The PSRT Nominating Committee shall have the responsibility of the following:
- Verification that all nominees meet the qualifications
- Verification that all nominators meet the nomination requirements
- Selecting the recipient of the award
- Providing notification to the President the selected recipient and the names of all qualified nominees.
* If a member of the Nominating Committee should receive a nomination, they must abstain from the voting of the recipient and a board member will be selected by the President to fulfil the responsibilities of the nominated committee member. A board member will be selected for each member that may receive a nomination.
The PSRT President will have the responsibility of the following
- Notifying the selected recipient as the winner and inviting them to attend the annual conference as well as explaining the award received below.
- Notifying all of those qualified who received a nomination to inform them they received nomination.
- For a nomination to be considered, all nominating requirements must be submitted by February 1st of each year.
VII. AWARD RECEIVED
The award recipient shall receive:
- Free conference registration for the PSRT Annual Conference & State Meeting of which the individual receives the award
- Free PSRT membership for the following year
- An award plaque
- Reduced conference registration for the following year’s PSRT Annual Conference & State Meeting to present the award to the next recipient.
The nominator of the award recipient shall receive a free PSRT membership for the following year.
Gretchen Oman is the first recepent of the first PSRT Medical Imaging Professional of the Year Award
Gretchen Oman for Medical Imaging Professional of the Year. Gretchen has been employed at Geisinger Medical Center since 1983. She has worked in many different modalities throughout her career here at Geisinger including CT, MRI, and IT. Her current role is as a senior staff technologist in my Diagnostic/Orthopedic Clinic. She is a clinical instructor and has daily contact with our students. As a manager I work closely with Gretchen and utilize her as my lead contact for all things related to our Geisinger Imaging Program. I truly value her opinion, hard work ethic, and professionalism. She is a positive role model for our students as well as all our technologists and staff members.
I am in complete support of this nomination for Medical Imaging Professional of the Year.