<ASRT Student to Leadership Development Program> is a three-year program that offers participants the opportunity to make lasting connections and get to know the ASRT, attend educational sessions, and network with medical imaging and radiation therapy professionals.
Participants will attend the <2023 ASRT Educational Symposium and Annual Governance and House of Delegates Meeting>, and other program activities June 21-26, at the Nugget Casino Resort in Reno, Nevada.
PSRT Student Leadership and Development Program:
The participants in this program will be the two-students selected as the representatives of the PSRT in the ASRT Student Leadership and Development Program and will remain as PSRT Student Leaders for 3 sequential years as defined by the ASRT Student Leader and Development Program.
The conference fees and hotel expenses for PSRT conferences will be paid for by the PSRT Board of Directors.
First Year Expectations:
- In addition to the ASRT requirements, first year student leaders will:
- Serve as student interns at the PSRT Annual Conference and Business meeting in March.
- Work closely with a board member mentor to learn about board leadership, the functions and roles of the board and how the business meeting functions.
- Introduce and welcome all schools participating in the Annual Conference and Business Meeting.
- Perform other duties at the annual conference as directed by the board.
- Attend at least 50% of board meetings and the annual conference
Second Year Expectations:
- Second year in program the SLDP students will create, serve and manage on the student committee under the guidance of the board of directors.
- Student leaders in year two may also decide to serve on a committee of their choosing. Committees include but are not limited to:
➢Marketing and social media
➢Education or one of its subcommittees
- Attend at least 50% of the board meetings and the annual conference
Third Year Expectations:
- Third year in program the SLDP students will serve as voting members of the PSRT board as members at large.
- As voting members, the third year will require attendance to all board meetings.
- Complete all remaining requirements for ASRT to ensure proper completion of the leadership program.
- Attend the annual conference